[3830] Re: ARRL SS CW K5GN SO High Power

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] Re: ARRL SS CW K5GN SO High Power
From: mccarty@hal-pc.org (David & Amy McCarty)
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 21:51:47 -0600
mccarty@hal-pc.org wrote:

I just noticed that a valid Q was marked as a dupe in my log, so the
score may go up one before the log checking finds my real errors.

BTW there were a W3 and a W9 who refused to work me, saying I was a
dupe.  Neither of you is in my log.

For the W3, I never heard you before the CQ you sent when I called you.

For W9, I did start to work you.  You left before I could ask you for a
fill.  I made a note to find you and work you again so we could log a
valid QSO.  It's likely you will lose it to the checkers.  And you spent
the equivalent of two QSO's telling me to go away.

When someone calls you and insists we have not worked, it might be a
good idea to go ahead and work him.  You may be making a mistake to
ignore it.

GN