[3830] DJ7AA WAE-RTTY Score plus comment

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] DJ7AA WAE-RTTY Score plus comment
From: dj7aa-wil@t-online.de (Wil DJ7AA)
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 12:24:40 +0000
WAEDC RTTY Contest

Call used: DJ7AA
Location:  GER

Entry Class: Multi Op, Single Xmit

Band    QSOs   Pts  QTCs Mults  Mult.Points
80       108   108    10    38  152
40       145   145    40    42  126
20       281   277   497    56  112
15       112   111    90    43   86
10        27    27    38    17   34
-----   ----  ----  ----  ----  ----
Total    673   668   675   196  510

--------------------------------------

Claimed Score: 684930

Software: RTTY by WF1B  v4.5

Rig: FT1000D, PA 750W, SCS-PTC 1 (Z80)

Ant: 80m 4-Square
     40m 3-ele at 30m
     20m 6-ele at 30m plus 4-ele at 15m
     15 and 10m some short wires as compromise

Comment: Finaly I was using the WAE RTTY contest just for testing
my setup for the CQ-WW CW contest (20m SB/SOP). For this reason,
i do not have antennas for 10 and 15m at the moment, put only 20m
monobander on the towers. I spend most of the time on 20m, and
I was surprise, how good the band was specialy on the first hours
in the contest. Even the solar flux was high and the K-Index mostly 3
20m did really well.
Sri for my week signal on 10 and 15m, but this short wires ( delta-
loop for 15m in 10m high) are the reason for no better score.
But finaly the mean reason was testing the new WF1B software and
getting some ideas how to handle the QTC-Traffic.
I did both, receiving and transmitting QTCs, and find Rays software
did id very well.
I dont testet with 2-computer network, but I get some information from
a friend, he had some trouble with serial numbers on the second PC.
The new PTC-1 mode running now perfect with my old PTC, so tnx Ray
for fixing this problem.
Anyway, tnx for all who calling me, and who are trying to receive
my qtcs.

73 Wil DJ7AA