[3830] AB5SE SS SSB SOHP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] AB5SE SS SSB SOHP
From: ab5se@ipa.net (Jerry RIchards)
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 1999 23:45:03 -0600

                     ARRL Sweepstakes - SSB
                   =20
Call: AB5SE
Operator: AB5SE
Station: N5ZS
Club: Ozark Contest Club

Class: SO High Power  - 800 Watts
Operating Time (hrs): 23

Section: Arkansas

 Total:   1428   x     79  =3D  225,624

Thanks to Frank, N5ZS for the use of his very well equipped station.  =
Had a great time!  Op's were considerate (with the exception of one =
Dx'er on 80M - not a contester) and professional.  Probably will operate =
CQWW CW VERY casually from my little home station and will prepare for a =
big effort from N5ZS for ARRL 160 CW the following weekend.  Thanks to =
all for the QSO'S!!

HIGHLIGHT:  Hearing N5SAM from Oklahoma complete his first sweep...I was =
calling CQ on 40M and a WTX station called me...N5SAM heard him and ask =
for him to "move up two" for the sweep. I told him to work him on my =
frequency and I think I got a bigger kick out of hearing the joy in =
N5SAM's voice than when I worked my own sweep!  N5SAM told me he had 7 =
consecutive participation pins but had NEVER accomplished a sweep.  WOW, =
what a thrill!  Congratulations!!