[3830] ARRL SS SSB N5QQ SO Unlimited

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRL SS SSB N5QQ SO Unlimited
From: rchambers@wilsonbarnes.com (rchambers@wilsonbarnes.com)
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 11:47:51 -0500 (EST)
                     ARRL Sweepstakes - SSB

Call: N5QQ
Operator(s): N5QQ
Station: N5QQ

Class: SO Unlimited
Operating Time (hrs): 17

Section: NTX

  160:      0
   80:     12
   40:     87
   20:    269
   15:    333
   10:     28
-------------------------------
Total:    729 x     79  =  115182

Comments:

North Texas Contest Club

Unlimited = 100w with packet (yes, I'm lazy)

I was having fun on 15M while everyone else was on 10M? I guess my 10M
shunt-fed tower arrangement wasn't effective - uh, duh!

First three Q's were KH7R, VY1JA and VO1MP then Q #104 was KP2D, whew!
After 78 sections logged, it took me 9 more hours to find IA.

Most interesting event #1: Stopping in middle of contest to work the XU7,
AP2,
TR8 and V85 with no trouble at all

Most interesting event #2 - Having to point beam to North to work La, Wtx
and
Nm on high bands - couldn't hear 'em pointed right at 'em and didn't want to
wait and fight the QRM on 40M or 80M ! Sigs must have been bouncing off
N0KK's
big aluminum up in Minnesota!

Basic setup -> IC765, TH6, 2 elem 40M, 80M shunt-fed tower, TR Log 6.44

Fun of course

QQ le Quack

http://www.hornucopia.com/3830score/