[3830] ARRL SS SSB KI0LO SO Low Power

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRL SS SSB KI0LO SO Low Power
From: martyt@pobox.com (martyt@pobox.com)
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 21:15:18 -0500 (EST)
                     ARRL Sweepstakes - SSB

Call: KI0LO
Operator(s):
Station:

Class: SO Low Power
Operating Time (hrs): 19

Section: MO

  160:      0
   80:     23
   40:    153
   20:    179
   15:    152
   10:    206
-------------------------------
Total:    713 x     79  =  112654

Comments:

This was my third SS since I got my ticket just over 2 years ago. By far the
most enjoyable. Have spent a lot of time trying to maximize performance of
my station within the constraints of a city lot and am pleased with what I
currently have set up - a dipole on 75 and 40, and a Mosley TA-33Jr on the
roof for 20-15-10. Not a "real" contesting station but suprisingly effective
for this contest in particular.

I finally managed to get the clean sweep for the first time - so you know I'll
be ordering the mug! Worked the "big" mults early in the contest - PAC, PR and
VI all in fairly short order. Biggest trouble was finding South Carolina and
New Mexico (where were all you guys?) - and a big thanks to VY1JA for "being
there" - what a pleasant operator he is, even with the tons of people calling
him all at once.

Only regret I have is not taking the time to learn how to use the DVK built
into WriteLog - had to leave the contest early because my throat was raw from
calling CQ so many times. That will be remedied, however, prior to the ARRL 10m
contest!

Being stuck here in the black hole of the midwest, I've grown to look forward
to SS more than any other contest and will certainly be back next year to do
battle once more!

73,

-Marty KI0LO
 martyt@pobox.com