[3830] CQWW CW WB0O SOAB HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW WB0O SOAB HP
From: wb0o@metigoshe.ndak.net (wb0o@metigoshe.ndak.net)
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 1999 19:02:24 -0500 (EST)
                     CQ Worldwide DX Contest - CW

Call: WB0O
Operator(s):
Station:

Class: SOAB HP
Operating Time (hrs): 30

  160:      6      4      4
   80:     69     20     53
   40:    204     27     86
   20:    214     29     80
   15:    503     31     84
   10:    404     31     84
-------------------------------
Total:   1400    142    391  =  2,156,518

Comments:

  My contesting enthusiasm has been way down in 1999. There is Aurora almost
every night, making 80 and 160 useless even in domestic contests. I contest
for
the competition, and there is something missing. Most contests involve working
DX and I'm just out of luck there, but now even the "domestic" SS is dominated
by DX stations (VE,KH6,KP4,KP2) in the top ten boxes. At least the CQWW lumps
all us W0's together in the small print, instead of the artificial sections,
divisions and regions used by the ARRL.
  I had a lot of antenna and station damage last spring, and never felt like
spending the money or time to fix it. The 80M and 40M 4-squares worked well,
but I only had a single TH7 @ 48' for 10-20M. The TH7 SWR is 2:1 for some
reason and my tuner burned up in the ARRL DX, so power was 600W.
  Conditions seemed the same as last year (2.8M score) but I operated 12 hours
less and got some good sleep. CU in the 10M test.

73, Bill WB0O in North Dakota.
(The closest station to the geomagnetic north pole in the lower 48 states)

http://www.hornucopia.com/3830score/