[3830] CQWW CW W3PP Multi-Multi HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW W3PP Multi-Multi HP
From: ludal@dmv.com (ludal@dmv.com)
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 1999 20:44:33 -0500 (EST)
                     CQ Worldwide DX Contest - CW

Call: W3PP
Operator(s): W3PP + N6ZO, AA1K, NW3Y, WB4FDT, N3HUV, KT4P, K3FT, NX3A, KW3Z
Station: W3PP

Class: Multi-Multi HP
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:    109     14     41
   80:    302     25     88
   40:   1126     38    125
   20:   1812     40    150
   15:   1420     38    139
   10:   1501     37    136
-------------------------------
Total:   6270    192    679  =  15,530,801

Comments:

Great crew, great conditions, great contest!  New high mark for this station.

160 - New operator did a great job, a good way to improve cw speed.
80  - Need to work on antenna system, still not competitive.
40  - The 3 el rotatable really works at 85', not as many JA's in the
      evening as we expected.
20  - Stack works great, still need a low rotatable though, 132' is just
      too high for the close in stuff.
15  - New stack here did a great job.
10  - New stack here was also working very well. Old operator (me) was not!

Interstation interference was way down, but still have some problems to work
on, particularly in the area of common mode signal.  Blew two amps on 80m,
so have some repairs to address.  New station ventilation system was working
too well at times, and had some icing on the 15m operators fingers Saturday
A.M. until we made some adjustments.  As always, I have a list of things that
need to be done for the next season.  Even with only 5 fulltime ops and 5
part timers, we seemed to have the positions staffed better than usual.  I am
sure we spent too much time looking for mults, and still didn't get our mults
up where they need to be, but we need to develop some solid spotting skills.
The two spotting rigs didn't get a lot of use, but helped when they were
manned.

73  Dallas

Frankford Radio Club