[3830] ZF2NT: CQWW---CW, Single-op, HP, 10m

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ZF2NT: CQWW---CW, Single-op, HP, 10m
From: zf2nt@candw.ky (Bruce Sawyer)
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1999 01:26:50 -0800
                    CQ WORLD WIDE DX CONTEST -- 1999

      Call: ZF2NT                    Country:  Cayman Is.
      Mode: CW                       Category: Single Operator
      Zone: 8

      10     3034     7495     2.47     33     101

     Totals   3034     7495     2.47     33     101  =>  1,004,330

I almost decided to skip this one, since I'm really pressed for time and
don't have much of it to spare for playing radio these days.  But progress
was good last week, so Friday afternoon I decided to go for it.  I still
don't have a 80 or 160 antenna up yet, and the 10m beam I put up last week
isn't working yet.  That's still on the "to do" list.  I put it up with the
intention of going after AA5DX's old 10m NA record, but when things went
wrong I just decided to wait a while before tackling it again.  Now I sure
wish I'd fixed it before the contest.  All I had this weekend was a
tribander (Explorer 14) at 45', plus a vertical.

The old tribander did OK, though.  This score gives me about a 15% margin
over Ron's old record, so I hope that's enough to survive the rigorous log
checking.

QSL via G3SWH, direct only.  I'll put the log on my web site in the next few
minutes:  www.qsl.net/zf2nt.