[3830] ARRL 160 - W4WA - Single Op Low Power

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 - W4WA - Single Op Low Power
From: aa4ga@contesting.com (Lee Hiers)
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 1999 10:50:00 -0500
Call/Station used  :  W4WA

         Operator  :  AA4GA

            Class  :  Single Op, Low Power

             Club  :  SouthEastContestClub

Bottom Line:

832 Qs x (69 sections + 11 DX mults) = 136,720 points

=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Sheesh!

I generally like low power CW contests, but I'm not so sure about this one!
Don't know if it's because it's 160, or just because it was a rotten weekend.

I just about couldn't stand the noise to the west on the first night...stations
located to the west sounded better on the NE antenna, at least the ones that
were loud enough to hear!

The noise was better the second night and was able to pick up a little more DX,
but not much.  Mults heard and not worked included F, XE, NDak, and Mar.

I think next time I try this low power, it will be closer to the bottom of the
cycle...

--
Lee Hiers
Cornelia, GA