[3830] ARRL 160 NA2AA SO Low Power

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 NA2AA SO Low Power
From: david.minster@bigfoot.com (david.minster@bigfoot.com)
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 1999 08:28:29 -0500 (EST)
                     ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: NA2AA
Operator(s): NA2AA
Station: NA2AA

Class: SO Low Power
Operating Time (hrs): 15

Section: NNJ

Totals:
   481 QSOs x ( 63 Sections +   9 Countries) =  72288

Comments:

Well, started off with a BANG!  That sound was my TS930S.  Oh well.  Moved the
FT847 into the main operating position and forgot about running the amp.
Overall conditions were very noisy here.  Saturday night I decided to move the
listening loop another 50 ft from the house.  WOW!  No more noise!  This was a
practice run for the CQ 160's in Jan/Feb.  Needless to say, more work
required.
 Highlights were using the DSP-9+ and Datong FL-3 filters to pull Q's out of
the mud, working KH7R first call again (GOD those guys are good!), and success
with the loop/preamp.  I could go into a litany of complaints but can think of
the top two worthy of mention:  stations that move and start calling CQ
endlessly just to clear a spot for themselves (next time, I'll just follow one
around the band reciprocating), and ALL those stations that don't even make an
effort to be on frequency!  YEESH!  Other than that, had a blast - off for
some
much needed sleep....  David, NA2AA

http://www.hornucopia.com/3830score/