[3830] ARRL 160 W9YS SO High Power

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 W9YS SO High Power
From: motte@aeroinc.net (motte@aeroinc.net)
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 1999 16:53:26 -0500 (EST)
                     ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: W9YS
Operator(s): W9YS
Station: W9YS

Class: SO High Power
Operating Time (hrs): 17

Section: IL

Totals:
   219 QSOs x ( 54 Sections +   1 Countries) =  24255

Comments:

  This effort was all S&P. I am not much of a cw op.
  Didn't hear much dx.  Did hear VK6VZ(?HD others said) Sat at 12:50Z
  and worked ZF2AH and KH7R  .TU..great..
  Bands were ok.  A lot of lightning static on Sat night
  Tempers were raging on Sat evening... Heard alot of .QSY.QSY!..
  Wish the guns would shut down now and then so we could hear the
  stations under them.
  You know your getting punchy when you hear ...CK..,
  get excited and its only a beacon.

  Am putting up a two elem ph array with dual 6"X60ft irrigation pipes.
  Only had one elem roughed in and it worked great. Ran only 100w out of
  a TS820.  Two beverages for receive.