[3830] ARRL 160 W0UCE SO High Power

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 W0UCE SO High Power
From: gig38@aol.com (gig38@aol.com)
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 1999 18:56:44 -0500 (EST)
                     ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: W0UCE
Operator(s): W0UCE, N3ND, N4CW
Station: W0UCE

Class: SO High Power
Operating Time (hrs): 27.7

Section:

Totals:
   949 QSOs x ( 67 Sections +  14 Countries) =  159,327

Comments:

All the work and fustration getting ready with the new folded monopole,
beverages, Acom 2000 amp etc was worth it.  My special thanks to Dan N3ND for
the monopole design and all his work,  Bert N4CW for all his help and efforts
with the monopole and beverage and many many thanks to Don W9VAK for countless
hours of help with antenna projects.  Next year we are going to put him to
work
operating.  Last but not least thanks to Fran my XYL for care and feeding of
the crew.

Bert and Dan are a tough act to follow - the are G R E A T  CW OPS...

Contest Notes:
We couldn't beg, borrow or steal a ND QSO but worked all other states and
sections except EB, ORG, SCV, SDG SF, NL, SK, AB, YT, VI and AK.

Will have the station finished in time for CQ 160 and the same great ops will
be here.

Thanks contest participants for all the Q's and a great time.

73

Jack - W0UCE (PVRC NC)

http://www.hornucopia.com/3830score/