[3830] W4MR ARRL 10 M Multiop

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] W4MR ARRL 10 M Multiop
From: bogus@does.not.exist.com ()
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 1999 20:38:29 EST
              ARRL 10 METER CONTEST -- 1999

      Call: W4MR              Country:  United States
      Station: AA4NC         Category: Multi Single

      MODE      QSO    QSO PTS  STATES  COUNTRIES

       CW     1219     4880       56       87
      SSB     1125     2250       58       92

      Totals  2344     7130      114      179  =   2,089,090

Operator List: N4CW, KS4XG, AA4NC

All reports sent were 59(9), even if you were so weak that it took a call to
Psychic Friends to pull you out.

A real good time - We missed a few hours overall, but conditions made this
one fun. The rate just never died down (especially on CW) which was great.
Nothing broke, but one trip up the tower was required mid-contest to fix a
loose rotor positioning pot wire.
N4CW and I had a ceremonial retiring of my crappy old voice keyer which I'm
sure was suffering from Y2K meltdown a little early. We're upgrading to 2 new
ones by the next phone contest. Anyone who has ever operated phone from here
with this quality equipment is now saying "Amen"...
Thanks to Bert and Pete for fine operating efforts. Thanks to K4HA (W4MR
packetcluster sysop) for getting and keeping some solid links into the
cluster.

Equipment Description:
FT990, AL1200, 6L K3LR design@80'  , 4L Cushcraft@40' fixed NE
QRZ Industries Voice Box (relegated to the trash heap after the contest)

Club Affiliation: PVRC

observed fully the rules and regulations of the contest, so help me God.

           MAILING ADDRESS:

               Will Roberts  AA4NC / W4MR
               8104 Lawdraker Rd.
               Apex, NC 27502-9137