[3830] ARRL 10 K7NV SO CW HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 K7NV SO CW HP
From: K7NV@contesting.com (K7NV@contesting.com)
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1999 15:47:31 -0500 (EST)
                     ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: K7NV
Operator(s): K7NV
Station:

Class: SO CW HP
Operating Time (hrs): 25

   CW:   1482    113
  SSB:
----------------------
Total:   1482    113  =  672,124

Comments:

Station: TS920 X 2 + 1 Alpha 78  TH7 @ 45'  Inv Vee @  42'  Dipole @ 33'

Hadn't done this one for 10 years, think I'll try it again.

Pretty fun 1st hour, best rate from this place so far @ 140. Wasn't ready for
what happened! I expected to run JA's and pick up a few US guys. The JA action
was pretty slow the first 10 minutes, but the stateside pileup was pretty big.
Then the JA's showed up and it got pretty nuts. The little Inv Vee came in real
handy with the beam on JA, and the the dipole worked a few SA guys.
The manual antenna switch got a good workout, probably 100 antenna changes the
first hour.

Good way to get all psyced up for the band to go in the tank an hour later :-)

The 2 hr EU openings were pretty disappointing. Either the din of all the small
sigs I couldn't copy, or a few really loud ones. Not many mults.

Overall, great fun and lots of good ops that hung in there to get the exchanges
thru the QRM, QRN, & QSB.

73, Kurt