[3830] ARRL 10 N2NT SO Mixed HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 N2NT SO Mixed HP
From: N2NT@EXIT109.COM (N2NT@EXIT109.COM)
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1999 21:12:46 -0500 (EST)
                     ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: N2NT
Operator(s): N2NC, N2NT
Station: N2NT

Class: SO Mixed HP
Operating Time (hrs): 36

   CW:   1462    153
  SSB:   1440    164
----------------------
Total:   2902    317  =  2768044

Comments:

Started as a casual weekend, with John N2NC operating from home with his
dipole.
When he came over Saturday morning, around 11AM, we became kinda serious.
This contest has much more action than the 160, that's for sure!

Other than the usual line noise, and my 775 sending a T5 note all saturday
morning, and my tailtwister not turning for a while, it was great.
Apologies to all who complained about my tone on Saturday morning, I figured
out it was the 775 overheating.

I think I enjoy working guys on meteor scatter and ground wave more than when
the band is open. More challenging.. Amazing how selective the propagation was
on Friday night.

Congrats to everyone, lotsa nice scores out there.

Radios: IC775, TITAN.. IC765, Alpha 87A

Antennas 6/6 @100/60ft...bottom fixed EU
         KT34XA @ 55ft  Works great when band is open.

 73, Andy  N2NT