[3830] ARRL 10 W6XR Multi-Single HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 W6XR Multi-Single HP
From: FORCE12E@LIGHTLINK.COM (FORCE12E@LIGHTLINK.COM)
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 11:39:06 -0500 (EST)
                     ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: W6XR
Operator(s): KB2MTI, W6XR
Station: W6XR

Class: Multi-Single HP
Operating Time (hrs): 33

   CW:   1019    131
  SSB:    987    123
----------------------
Total:   2006    254  =  1,537,716

Comments:

I use this contest as a vehicle for the locals to be exposed to contesting and
and opportunity for anyone who desires to operate to do so.  Hopefully, in the
future these people will upgrade and become part of the contesting fraternity.
John, KB2MTI, says he had fun and enjoyed his first ever try at running
stations.  Once again the locally fermented idea of the context of contesting
to be lazily calling loud stations only is a persistent habit hard to break!

I did not think conditions were as good as last year and comparing this years
log with last years log indicates the Europe opening started later and died
sooner than last.  We had very disturbed propogation on Sunday with many
stations showing auroral flutter.  During Sunday, a quick look at
http://dx.qsl.net/propagation/ showed a finger of a most assymetrical auroral
zone lingering over parts of upstate New York.  I also noted the band map full
of European stations early Sunday morning that were no copy at all.

All of that being said, we still increased our score more than 50%!

A good time was had by all.....now on to the ARRL

73

Natan W6XR