[3830] CQ160 CW N9NE SOQRP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW N9NE SOQRP
From: tfonstad@vbe.com (tfonstad@vbe.com)
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 19:36:09 -0500 (EST)
                     CQ 160 Meter Contest, CW

Call: N9NE
Operator(s): TODD
Station:

Class: SOQRP
Operating Time (hrs): 6:00

QTH: WI

QSOs: 56  States/Provinces: 21  Countries: 0  Score: 2,478

Comments:

I had limited time (and desire), so I thought a qrp challenge would spice
things up a bit. I ran 50 milliwatts (measured B4 the rf entered the
transmatch
which probably ate up half of that) into an inverted L which has only two
elevated radials. QRN at this urban location was around S9, but that was not
problem as most stations which could hear me were at least S9+10. I am
surprised not only at what such low power was able to do but am in
particular
awe of the receiving capabilities of the stations worked.

Congratulations to the following who were able to pick up my whisper: AA1K,
K0CAT, K0EJ, K0RC, K0RF, K1KY, K2UOP, K3WU, K4IQ, K4LTA, K4SO, K4VX, K4WX,
K5RX, K8GL, K8ND, K8SIA, K8XXX, K9AY, K9DX, K9NR, KD9SV, KT0R, KT8Y, KU8E,
N0AC, N0AV, N0RA, N0TT, N1EU, N2BA, N2ED, N2IC, N8EA, NA5B, ND5S, NE8O,
NO9Z,
VE3DO, VE3EJ, W1ECT, W2GD, W3BGN, W3GH, W8CAR, W8MJ, W8RU, W8TOP, W9RE,
W9XG,
WA1UJU, WA9IRV, WB9Z, WI9WI, WT9Q, and WY3T.

http://www.hornucopia.com/3830score/