[3830] NAQP CW KL7RA Multi

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW KL7RA Multi
From: kl7ra@ptialaska.net (kl7ra@ptialaska.net)
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2000 09:30:03 -0500 (EST)
                     North America QSO Party - CW

Call: KL7RA
Operator(s): KL7RA  AL7IF
Station: KL7RA

Class: Multi
QTH: AK
Operating Time (hrs): 12

  160:      0      0
   80:      0      0
   40:    126     37
   20:    250     52
   15:    317     54
   10:    309     52
----------------------
Total:   1002    195  =  192660

Comments:

NAQP has enough activity now to become a great contest. Twelve
hour, well reported (NCJ),low power (TVI) contest will become
very popular some day. We are a little too far North to follow
the activity as it stair-steps up the bands, but had enough
"rate" to have fun. The NAQP exchange is an example of why
contests with signal reports "work". 5NN says information
follows. NAQP exchange the name can follow anything or nothing
and requires a lot of repeats. No fixed format. The name game
requires some thought as well.We were M2 (great fun) and used
two different names. I was on 15 working the crew as it moved
up from ten and could "see" the back-spaces delay as the name
was fixed. Lew went to twenty and repeated the delay there. By
the time we were on 40 folks had it figured out. Lew is really
Wigi (AL7IF) and he didn't want to use that name so he used his
real name. I was the one that loaded the exchange and misspelled
Lou as Lew.  So it's Lew now forever and he will notify his mom
of the change. Speaking of change - Hats off to the NAQP
committee for getting rid of that stupid 3 Q penalty rule.
Bust a Q, Lose a Q. Wednesday it was 50 below zero with aurora
horizon to horizon, but it's warm now -10.  73 Rich KL7RA