[3830] NAQP CW K9XD SO

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW K9XD SO
From: k9yo@ix.netcom.com (k9yo@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2000 14:26:25 -0500 (EST)
                     North America QSO Party - CW

Call: K9XD
Operator(s): K9YO
Station: K9XD

Class: SO
QTH: IL
Operating Time (hrs): 10

  160:    106     33
   80:    142     39
   40:    108     43
   20:     90     35
   15:     64     23
   10:     44     15
----------------------
Total:    554    188  =  104152

Comments:

 Well, this contest was certainly interesting. If I had've utilized a 2ND
 radio (NOT THE SAME AS THE 2ND VFO IN A FT-1000MP), then I certainly would
 have had close to 700 qso's. This contest, I learned the importance of being
 on the right band at the right time to capture the right mults. With the
 exception of the noise, this contest was a real learning experience for me.

 Also, the LID of the contest award goes to W7NX, who at 2112, moved right
 in on top of me on 40M when I had a run going. Whoever you are, you know
 that you could hear me, and I was there first. Shame on you, lid.

 Other than that, I never knew 160 could produce such good runs! Nice to work
 a lot of SMC'ers on the bands, and I think I worked a few SMC guys on 160-10!
 Thanks for the Q's and mults!