No subject

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: No subject
From: dj7aa-wil@t-online.de (Wil DJ7AA)
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 15:31:42 +0000
Call used: DJ7AA
Location:  DL

Entry Class: Single Op, All Band, HP

Band    QSOs   Pts   QTH    DX
80        93    93    11    27
40       143   143    32    31
20       300   296    47    49
15       195   194    42    28
10       127   127    36     9
--------------------------------------
Total    858   853    54*   63*
--------------------------------------
* - Counted only once (not once per band)
--------------------------------------

--------------------------------------

Claimed Score: 99801

Software: RTTY by WF1B  v4.5
Hardware: PTC-IIe from SCS

Rig: FT1000D

Antennas: 80m 4-square, 40m 3ele, 20m 6ele, 15-10m 9 ele tribander
          1600feet Beverage for receiving

Power Output: 750Watt

Club Participation: RRDXA

                              Continent Statistics
   DJ7AA   CQ WORLD WIDE DX CONTEST    Single Operator 9 Jan 2000  2359z

                 160   80   40   20   15   10  ALL   percent

North America   DIG    0   18   73  172  136  118  517    60.3
South America   DIG    0    0    1    6    7    3   17     2.0
Europe          DIG    0   73   61  105   44    6  289    33.7
Asia            DIG    0    2    6   10    3    0   21     2.5
Africa          DIG    0    0    1    3    2    0    6     0.7
Oceania         DIG    0    0    1    3    3    0    7     0.8

Comment:
First of all TNX to KE1AK and W1RY who I could work on 5 bands.

Contest starting after a nice chat with Jay VY1JA, and his big signal
promise a nice contest. Even WWV looks good, but bandcondition on the
first day a bit down. Strategy was to be qrv on all US-Openings here
and may be I missed a few other DX-Signals because my second offtime
was on sunday morning from 05.30 to 10.00.
Anyway 40m and 80m looks vy good, quiet band allover night and also
good signals from USA. Most problem, after my first break at 0100 UTC
I lost my WF1B binfile, last savelog shows 60qsos left. My good thing,
I had type WRITELOG earlyer, to see what was going on and so we could
save the QSOs...But need nearly one hour to put all calls together
and make the correct changes..the EDIT mode from WF1B is a style of
vy difficult run..What easyer in CT.
After starting back again we lost even one hour of activity.
Sunday was giving nice signals on 10 and 15m, not vy strong but good
far west, specialy on 15.
Sunday evening 40m was extremly well. VK4UC called in with a booming
Signal. Heard very early lots of US callers on their bandpart, but
hard to come through. CQ on 7042 dont bring anything new, so S$P was
the best way.
I wonder on some very strong stations there on 40, one M/S from 9land
(was 599+, but absolutly no ears...same on 80!) and the other from 4
land, called at least 15 times with no succes, other 0 and 6 heard me
well on 40..one way propagations??
Big thrill to work 2 multiplier in the last 2 minutes on 40 with 5H3US
and 8P6SH.
Anyway finaly I had lots of fun, and the new christmas gift from the
the xyl (PTC-IIe) did make a fine job.

Just a comment to make the contest more atractiv, I find a bandmulti-
plier is a good thing, compare to CQ-WW, so then you have even more
activity on all bands, not only on 20 ore 15. On the other hand, to
make this contest may be a bit mor atractiv for the rest of the world,
some continent-plaques. Even 4 DX-Plaques (when also the caribien count
as DX) is winning a plaque from the rest of the world near unreal..
Congrats to the OT9E 1999 victory on this.

So, see you in the WPX, and thanks for those stations, had a hard
time to be patience and pull my call out from the noise.

Wil DJ7AA