[3830] CQ160 CW W7CW Multi-Op

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW W7CW Multi-Op
From: wc7m@vcn.com (wc7m@vcn.com)
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2000 22:45:15 -0500 (EST)
                     CQ 160 Meter Contest, CW

Call: W7CW
Operator(s): W7CW, W7GS, WG7Y, WU7Y, N7VWV
Station: W7CW

Class: Multi-Op
Operating Time (hrs): 25

QTH: WY

QSOs: 1019  States/Provinces: 55  Countries: 18  Score: 180,164

Comments:

Omni 6+, homebrew amp, 130ft vertical, five 600 ft beverages.

The VK/ZL opening was impressive Saturday Morning, as was the JA opening Sunday
Morning, actual S7-9.  I need a second receiver at the operator site.  The
group had been randomly checking the window for Europe and heard nothing. They
heard folks working ON4UN, but we never heard him.  Obviously we missed the two
hour opening he described into our area.  We had previously set up receivers in
the other room using a surplus CIA multiplexer, but the snoops were at the
mercy of transmitter overload (very frustrating).

Its interesting to monitor DX Summit,  "Hey Guys, Look!The East Coast is
working exotic DX we can't hear again! WOW!!"   Some fella posted us as "Deaf".
 The spot really helped our rate, thank you. We finally did work him,  thank
god for filters and DSP. Don't yell Deaf, when you may be mute.

Everyone on the crew got to operate, and everyone had fun.  I'm already
planning for next year.