[3830] CQ160 CW NR1DX SOHP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW NR1DX SOHP
From: nr1dx@cyberportal.net (nr1dx@cyberportal.net)
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 07:23:38 -0500 (EST)
                     CQ 160 Meter Contest, CW

Call: NR1DX
Operator(s):
Station:

Class: SOHP
Operating Time (hrs): 15

QTH: NH

QSOs: 426  States/Provinces: 47  Countries: 28  Score: 109950

Comments:

My first contest from the new QTH in NH with the new call(sure beats living in
the black hole as K9NX in WI). No receiving antenna yet and lots of line noise
had to run the noise canceller the whole time. I did have one advantage I put
up in the Inverted L a week before the contest during a snow storm (good for at
least 3db of gain). Was only able to get down a dozen radials in the dark after
work each night.Only worked about 3 hours the first night because of previous
comitments, but not sure that more op time would have a huge differnce. ran out
of people to work by 11PM the second night. The blackout to the PNW was very
noticeacble (no ID, MT, NV VE5,6,7 or KL7,only on WA and two OR). Interesting
being on the other end of this I used to contest from WA as N7EX and the path
to ME, NH and VT was always a tough one. I'm sure the Auroral donut has
something to do with this but can some of you propagation gurus explain why
this is almost always such a tough path, form either end?

CU In the pile ups
Dave
NR1DX (ex K9NX, N7EX, N0DH)