[3830] CQ160 CW K2AXX SOHP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW K2AXX SOHP
From: mhoffman@greece.k12.ny.us (mhoffman@greece.k12.ny.us)
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2000 15:48:18 -0500 (EST)
                     CQ 160 Meter Contest, CW

Call: K2AXX
Operator(s):
Station:

Class: SOHP
Operating Time (hrs): 7.9

QTH: NY

QSOs: 444  States/Provinces: 50  Countries: 26  Score: 108,832

Comments:

Threw stuff together Saturday night, after dismantling VHF station following
Jan VHF SS! No rx antenna, just the inverted L and PLENTY of snow static.
I won't do that again. Beverages, EWEs - the works.

Eu condx were great on Saturday, but I understand that Friday was better.
Bummer. . . but my treasury of contesting merit was exhausted having just
hosted a VHF SS multiop. ..plus 600 puny watts doesn't quite cut it anymore.
Need bigger watts.

Quit before Pacific time Sunday AM, because the furnace in the house was
not working anymore. Nice and cozy in the remote shack, though. . . .sighh.
See y'all next time.

Mark, K2AXX