[3830] Sprint SSB K7ZO LP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] Sprint SSB K7ZO LP
From: k7zo@micron.net (k7zo@micron.net)
Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2000 10:29:09 -0500 (EST)

MODE: PHONE    NAME: SCOTT   Low Power

                27  80m QSOs
                47  40m QSOs
               101  20m QSOs
               ========
               175 QSO points
            x   44 Multipliers
            = 7700 Claimed score

Always a fun contest though tough in the ?Low Power, No Beams? category. I got
of to a pretty good start with a 56 first hour. Thankfully 20M did not go long
so I was able to snag a bunch of west coasters. I stayed on 20M as long as
reasonably made sense since I knew with my 40M dipole at 20 feet and HF2V my
rate would really drop when I went to 40/80. So I stayed on 20M until 1:50 when
I took a 40 minute dinner/drop my son off at a friends house break. In
hindsight I should have cut this shorter as I blew my chance at breaking 200
QSO?s for the first time. When I got back on 40M was in pretty good shape and I
was able to work coast to coast. This happens sometimes though certainly not
always. I can remember in the 1998 SSB Sweepstakes I parked out on 7299 for 90
minutes and had the same experience. When I finally had to go to 80M around
3:30 since there was no one left on 40 and 20 things got really tough. S9+
local noise on top of my weak antenna and signal made the end really drag.

Toward the end I checked back on 20M and heard V31JP but was not able to catch
him. That and ND were the only Mults I can remember hearing that I did not
work. Kind of surprised to not hear any KH6?s. As usual missed a few states
here and there: NH, RI, DE, KY, MS, ND, SD, AR, IA, and ID. Great participation
from Canada.

MULTIPLIER LIST
W/VE:
CT   NJ   AL   CA   MI   IL   CO   MAR  MA   NY   MD   FL   LA   AZ   OH   IN
ME   PA   GA   WV   WI   KS   ON   NM   MT   MN   NC   TX   NV   MO   SK   VT
SC   OK   OR   NE   AB   TN   BC   VA   WA   WY

DX:
KL    XE

Scott Tuthill, K7ZO
4403 Keldoon Ave.