[3830] CQ WPX RTTY W0YR SOABHP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQ WPX RTTY W0YR SOABHP
From: bogus@does.not.exist.com ()
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2000 20:42:04 EST
World Wide WPX  February 2000    RTTY

Call used: W0YR
Location:  VA

Entry Class: Single Op, All Band

Band         QSOs      Pts        Mults
80                      4           8
40                    12         36         -
20                  203       422         -
15                    79       175         -
10                  119       312         -
-----             --------      ------      -----
Total          417           953     249

Prefixes counted only once (not once per band)

Claimed Score: 237,297

Power output:  kW

Club Participation: Potomac Valley Radio Club

COMMENTS:  A solar storm seven minutes before the start of the contest sure
didn't help, but the stalwarts and big guns were still hanging in there.  I
noticed a lot of inexperienced operatior answering CQ calls with their own
call and report before they were even acknowledged!  This makes for lots of
QRM, and those for whom I took time to explain this seemed to care little
about their poor operating practice.  Other than a faulty coax on the 40/80
antennas, a major solar wipe-out, real estate agents showing the house, a
melted attenuator pad and three computer software crashes, this contest was
pure pleasure.  I had less stuff burn up this year than any year in the past.
 See you next year!

Mike Lonneke   W0YR    Round Hill, VA