[3830] W1MK ARRL DX CW 80M SBHP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] W1MK ARRL DX CW 80M SBHP
From: lahlum@lucent.com (Lahlum, R)
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 09:20:06 -0500
FROM: Robye Lahlum, W1MK    80 meter Single Band,  HP

QSOs: 814
Multi: 82    ( or 83 not sure about CE0ZY yet)
Score: 200K

Condx where good Friday, we in New England were having a big snowstorm but
copy was quite good, good sigs from Europe up to 0800, but sat nite, signals
where not as good and QRN crashes were very high. Had to copy between the
QRN bursts which were occurring every 2 seconds or so. Had the best luck
with those stations sending their calls twice. Everyone was very
co-operative with the conditions,  often having to send their calls and
reports many times. Thanks for your help folks under less than the best
conditions. Nice to hear SU9ZZ with a good signal, and VQ9QM, VK6HD, TF3DX,
TU2MA and a number of others. Japan was very weak, worked only JA2ZJW,
called a few others but they just could not hear me.

FT1000MP  4-1000 amp at 1500 watt output, WA3FET 4 EL Vertical array