[3830] ARRLDX CW OT0A Multi-Two

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW OT0A Multi-Two
From: on5um@hotmail.com (on5um@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2000 06:31:46 -0500 (EST)
                     ARRL DX Contest - CW

Call: OT0A
Operator(s): ON5UM/ON6ZX/PA7BT/PA3EZL/OH2JA/JK3GAD
Station: OT0A

Class: Multi-Two
QTH: JO21GC
Operating Time (hrs): 42

  160:      1      1
   80:    273     38
   40:    998     57
   20:    898     57
   15:   1183     59
   10:   1200     57
----------------------
Total:   4553    269  =  3.674.271

Comments:

Hello to all . Thanks very much for calling OT0A . This was the first one this
year at the Fort in LIER . First time also in the multi/two class .

I managed to find 5 other good contesters but missed Eric K3NA wanting to join
us . It was a grand experience and gave us a lot of fun and nice moments .

We had set to try to make a better score then G4BUO and the friends at MD/DL3OI
but they where closer to 1/the sea and 2/the other side and 3/had good runs on
160 I think .

What happened to topband . Antennas were OK but a local radio station has a
second harmonic on 1854 so it totally wiped out signals below 59 +15 .

During the CQWW SSB this weekend it was still there and it had the same effect
on OT0T I think .

We used on :

160 Inv L 27 up/13 side
80  3 el wire inverted Vee beam at 26 m
40  3 el WS yagi at 30 m over 250 m of coax
20  5 el WS yagi at 30 m
15  5/5 el WS yagi at 30 m
10  5 el WS yagi at 35 m

Rig # 1 FT 1000MP (10w drive on 160 ...) - TENTEC TITAN - PC 486 with CT 9.48
Rig # 2 TS 850 S                         - TL 922       - PC 486 with CT 9.48

QSL via ON7LR

Look for OT0A in WPX SSB in M/M class and WPX CW in ??? class

Best 73 and congrats to the winners who ever it may be,

Jim - ON5UM ( CW Team leader at OT0A )

OT0A        4553  269 3.674.271Multi-Two