[3830] ARRL SSB - N6RO, MM

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRL SSB - N6RO, MM
From: kenkeeler@jazznut.com (ken keeler)
Date: Sun, 05 Mar 2000 20:05:35 -0800
 ARRL DX SSB 2000     N6RO  M/M

band    Qs    Mult      OPs                               Antennas
160     42      17      WA6O                                     4 SQ, bevs
75      233     44      JH1GNU(WG6B), N6BZA     4 SQ, Quad
40      668     76      JH1SBE(KM6F), N6RO        4/4 Stack, 4 SQ
20      1466    125     K3EST, K6EP,WA6O       5/5/5 Stack
15      1637    126     N6BV                               6/6/5 Stack
10      1258    126     K6AW                            5/5/6 Stack

Tot     5304    514     Score:  8,178,768

Radios:  4 each FT1000mp, FT1000d, IC765; 4 each Alpha 76, AL1200,
8877(N6BV); CT logging S/W, Geoclock.

Highlights:
160m:  Mike did a great job in his second outing on Topband, enduring the
most frustrating seat in the garage, and did some good rate work on 20m
Saturday night.
80m:  Well-known JA contester Shige, controlled the JA window and picked
off some nice mults.  Dan, N6BZA led off Friday night by working a few hard
to get EU mults.
40m:  Leading our "JA Machine",  Miki expertly maximized our JA total on
CrossBand.  Station owner Ken frustrated himself calling EU,  but managed
to work several score and seven.   East Coasters need to visit here to know
what it's like!
20m:  Driving the rebuilt 20m system, Mr. Contest, Bob topped all previous
ARRL numbers.  Eric helped out on all bands.
15m:  Antenna guru and super-op Dean did his usual number topping number.
10m:  Station manager/sysop. Steve piloted 10 to its highest Q and M
numbers in any DX test to date from RO.

All-in-all, we had the best team effort to date in 22 years at this
location.    The Radio Oakley gang beat my ambitious goal of 8 Meg, and
exceeded the previous west coast MM record by 2 Meg points.  Only serious
problem was the enduring powerline noise from an unresponsive PG&E.
Fortunately, rain quieted that on Saturday night for a few hours.  Lost the
packet system Saturday night thru the end.  Look for us as NR6O in WPX SSB.
    N6RO