[3830] CQWPX SSB KE9NA SOAB High Power TS

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQWPX SSB KE9NA SOAB High Power TS
From: jono@enteract.com (Jon Ogden)
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2000 18:45:07 -0600

160M         14            6

Station:

FT-1000D
Homebrew 4-1000A amplifier
Mosley TA-33
Multi-band dipole for 40 and 80
Inverted L on 160m

Comments:

WOW!  I thought last year's contest was great!  UNBELIEVABLE band
conditions.  Had some great runs to Europe and a huge run of JAs on Saturday
afternoon on 10 and then on 15.  Simply unbelievable.  It was fun working
JAs on the front of the beam and South Americans off the back!  I had the
thrill of working several new ones and having THEM call me (ET, 9N and HS0
among them!).  Just incredible!

Beat last year's score by about 1 million points!  I knew it was going good
when I one point Sunday morning I realized I was 300 Qs ahead of last year.

My only disappointment was a did not hear all that many Central and South
American stations.  Usually in the afternoons the Argentines are thick on 10
meters, but this year there were just a handfull.  Also missed some of the
usual Central Americans like 3E1DX and so forth.  Oh well.  I guess you
can't have it all.  Worked some VKs but missed the ZLs.  Pretty much a
"worked all Europe" contest!

Thanks to all who worked me.  See you next year!

73,

Jon
KE9NA

Jon Ogden