[3830] CQ WPX SSB KR1G SOAB HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQ WPX SSB KR1G SOAB HP
From: ted@demop.com (ted@demop.com)
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2000 21:42:03 -0500 (EST)
                     CQ WW WPX - SSB

Call: KR1G
Operator(s):
Station:

Class: SOAB  Power: HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 36

  160:      6
   80:     82
   40:     24
   20:    757
   15:   1277
   10:   1160
-------------------------------
Total:   3306 x    934  =  8,573,186

Club: YCCC

Comments:

Almost had no voice Thursday night due to a cold. My throat was not so good and
I needed lotsa fluids during the test - must have drank 5 gallons of water with
the subsequent bathroom trips.

Finished Sunday afternoon at 1:30PM - not sure if that was a good move or not,
but the high bands were too hot to take breaks!

On Saturday morning, I stayed on 15m until 1400z despite 10 being tempting - it
was the right move! Left 15 Saturday night at 0120 to go to 20m - should have
stayed on 15 longer I think.

40 sucked, and I never should have spent time calling for EU on 80 - 20 was
where I should have been (and I like phone on 80! even slugging it out on 40 is
usually OK by me).

Last, but not least, my VERY short 160m trip was VERYworthwhile- a quick
handful of NA mults I never worked anywhere else!

Lotsa great DX called me: HS, many DUs and HLs, 9M2, 4S7, BYs, BVs, 9N, etc

All in all, a great time.

73

Ted, KR1G