[3830] GB3RS WPX SSB Score Multi-Operator Single Transmitter

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] GB3RS WPX SSB Score Multi-Operator Single Transmitter
From: paul@g0wat.demon.co.uk (Paul Brice-Stevens)
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2000 21:57:24 +0100
Here are the Scores for GB3RS for WPX, competing in Multi-Op Single
Transmitter

2708 QSOs, minus dupes=

Band    QSOs    Mults
160     25      6
80      219     119
40      196     86
20      642     209
15      643     220
10      963     287

Total:  2688    927 ----> Final score 5,699,196.

Operators
Steve G4JVG, Paul G0WAT, Mark 2E0APH, Marios 5B4WN(G0WWW), Steve G3ZVW
and Andrew G0HSD

Equipment IC781 + IC2KL for most of the contest after Steve G4JVG's had
a small nervous breakdown which put it out of action after about 10am on
the Saturday.

Ants: - Triband (abt 35ft) and Dipole for 40 and 80 and an L for 160

Comments: -

A great fun contest, I don't think we will set the contesting world
alight with a score like this but we certainly aquitted ourselves well
considering the setup we had.We found it very hard work on the first day
and up to noon on the Sunday then it just took off!

Highlights:-

VE3EJ saying we were loud on 40m and subsequently finding out we were
spotted on the internet cluster on 40m and also remarked as being
loud...now if you could see the 40m ant you would be impressed as it
really is a damp dipole at about 30ft...very strange! we conclude that
it has in fact signed a pact with the RF Devil and such a possession
allows it to performs better than it has a right to...it will regret it
one of these days.

Lowlights: -

Considering this 'Loudness' on 40m we should have made more of it..maybe
we didn't want to be tampering with the unknown (there's still alot of
suspicion about these things in the Home Counties!)...The already
mentioned tantrum by G4JVG's Henry...the fact that I managed to miss the
good runs on 15 and 10 on Sunday...Oh ye Gods of propagation will you
ever taunt me thus!

73

Paul
G0WAT