[3830] CQ WPX CW AA3B SOAB HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQ WPX CW AA3B SOAB HP
From: cwtrench@sprynet.com (cwtrench@sprynet.com)
Date: Mon, 29 May 2000 13:12:20 -0400 (EDT)
                     CQ WW WPX - CW

Call: AA3B
Operator(s): AA3B
Station: AA3B

Class: SOAB  Power: HP
QTH: USA
Operating Time (hrs): 36

  160:      0
   80:     31
   40:    374
   20:    708
   15:    694
   10:    249
-------------------------------
Total:   2056 x    706  =  4,203,524

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

This is a personal high for me in this contest, beating my 1999 score by a mere
85K.  I had 54 less QSOs than last year, but 49 more multipliers.  Thanks to
W1HIJ/NZ6 who gave me #2 at 2359 Sunday night helping me to just break 4.2M!

I thought the bands were good, with Saturday being the better of the two days.
I had nice runs on 15M during the day, and 20M during the night.  Ten meters
was open to Europe both days with best the opening occurring here at about 19Z
on Saturday.  Japan was loud here Sunday morning on 20M at around 11Z.  Forty
meters appeared to be in good shape, but my productivity on this band was down
from previous years.  I probably should have invested more time on 40M,
particularly the second night.  Europe was loud on 80M here at 01Z on Sunday
morning.

I thought activity was down a bit, particularly in the USA.

The station worked well, and I am improving my SO2R skills.  I have a few
things to workout yet, particularly improved audio switching.

73 and hope to see everyone in IARU and WAE.

Bud AA3B