[3830] CQ WPX CW K7NV SO(TS)AB HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQ WPX CW K7NV SO(TS)AB HP
From: K7NV@contesting.com (K7NV@contesting.com)
Date: Mon, 29 May 2000 15:44:02 -0400 (EDT)
                     CQ WW WPX - CW

Call: K7NV
Operator(s): K7NV
Station:

Class: SO(TS)AB  Power: HP
QTH: NV
Operating Time (hrs): 36

  160:
   80:     23
   40:    257
   20:    620
   15:    775
   10:     25
-------------------------------
Total:   1700 x    614  =  2,994,478

Club: NCCC

Comments:

Station: 2 x TS930 + 1 x Alpha 78, TH7 @ 45', 40 & 80 verts & wires

10 years since my last full WPXCW effort, it's a bit different now. Better
activity! Low bands were real important in the old days, seems not to be so
much these days!
Really hard to find a useable freq the first night on 15 & 20 into EU.
Tons of sub-weak stations to copy when the freq was clear, that just didn't
happen often enough. Thank's for all the fills!
As usual, condx and break strategy is a challenge, there's always a next time.
Running two radios thru one amp is a real panic, specially when the gray matter
goes soft!
Friday contest prep was spending all day with the insurance adjuster and the
contractors getting the place put back together after the washing machine
flooded 1/2 the house and the heating system, while I was gone on a business
trip last week. Real refreshing to just sit down and not get much sleep for the
rest of the weekend...

73, Kurt