[3830] CQ WPX CW W8AV SO(A)AB HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQ WPX CW W8AV SO(A)AB HP
From: w8av@aol.com (w8av@aol.com)
Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 06:55:24 -0400 (EDT)
                     CQ WW WPX - CW

Call: W8AV
Operator(s): W8AV
Station: W8AV

Class: SO(A)AB  Power: HP
QTH: OH
Operating Time (hrs): 36

  160:      0
   80:      0
   40:    223
   20:    665
   15:    819
   10:    166
-------------------------------
Total:   1873 x    712  =  3,764,344

Club: MRRC

Comments:

Conditions could have been better.  However, with the A index over 20 for over
half the contest and the horrendous rain static on Sunday morning, it was a
pretty good showing.  15 meters was by far the best band during the contest.
Could work all parts of the world easily.  I am glad that I chose to spend some
time on 10 on Saturday afternoon as there was very little to work on that band
on Sunday from Ohio.  Would have liked to have been on 40 on Friday night but
QRN was S-8 from nearby rain storms and could not hear a thing on the band.  40
was much better on Saturday night and managed to have a fair run on the band.
20 was pretty much a disapointment.  Figured that I could pick up some rate on
the band Sunday morning but with the rain QRN pretty much kaboshed that.  Once
the rain finally subsided, the rates were not there.
   Now I have to make peace with the XYL for playing radio during the Memorial
Day weekend!