[3830] June VHF QSO Party W1AW SOLP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] June VHF QSO Party W1AW SOLP
From: N4QX@arrl.org (Price, Brennan, N4QX)
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 13:48:24 -0400

                       ARRL VHF QSO PARTY -- 2000

      Call:      W1AW (N4QX, op)
      Category:  Single Operator
      Power:     Low Power
      State:     Connecticut (FN31)

      BAND     QSO    QSO PTS      GRIDS

       50       69       69          17
      144       48       48          13
      222        1        2           1
      432       11       22           6

     Totals    129      141          37  =   5,217

Effort was cut short by a severe storm that blew through Newington
Sunday afternoon.  I worked almost as many grids in Florida on
6 meters than I did in the Northeast, but otherwise, 6 was
disappointing during the 10 hours I operated.

A pre-storm tropo opening made for a nice end to my effort, as I
worked K3YLT (FN11) on 432.  Heard a 432 station in FM09 clearly
shortly thereafter, but they couldn't hear me.  Curses.

The W1AW call is worth 20 decibels.  Thanks to W1AW Station
Manager Joe Carcia, NJ1Q, for arranging the operation.  And
thanks to all I worked!

73,
Brennan Price, N4QX
Field and Regulatory Correspondent