[3830] KL9A All Asia CW SOSB 20m HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] KL9A All Asia CW SOSB 20m HP
From: wl7ky@gci.net (Chris Hurlbut)
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 02:28:05 -0800
      Call: KL9A                     Country:  Alaska
      Mode: CW                       Category: Single Operator

      BAND     QSO   QSO PTS  PTS/Q PREFIXES

      160        0        0   0.0        0
       80        0        0   0.0        0
       40        0        0   0.0        0
       20      220      220   1.0       80
       15        0        0   0.0        0
       10        0        0   0.0        0
     --------------------------------------

     Totals    220      220   1.0       80  =3D   17,600

All reports sent were 599 17, unless otherwise noted.

Equipment Description:
TH7 at 50 feet, Kenwood TS-570DG, Heathkit Warrior Amplifier

Club Affiliation:  WWYC

Comments:
I had to enter the real world after high school.  I was able to get off =
work a couple hours early, and lucky me, there was a CW contest on.  I =
sat down on 20m without tuning the bands or anything... threw out 2 =
QRL?'s and CQ'd.  Bam, instant JA pileup!  This was probably the best =
rate I've had to JA ever (in a contest).  Usually it's steady, but not =
great.  It was great this time.  I could only run for an hour or so =
because the loud relay in the amp woke up my father, and at 2am, it's =
best not to argue.  :) The second night, although an hour later... =
almost 2am, was still good, but the rate wasn't as high.  Friday =
night/saturday morning I could hold the meter at 186.5 for a long time, =
and saturday night/sunday morning it was at about 80-90.  Still lots of =
fun, and nice to see good condx for a change.  TONS of activity from =
asia this year... also a nice change.  So here's my score, all 1.8 hours =
of it.  All on 20m, all on 1 run frequency.  Not one search and pounce =
qso.  Sorry if I didn't work you for a mult :)
GL to all in WRTC... maybe I'll be able to get on for a few hours =
inbetween my weird work schedule to give out the mult. (On CW only of =
course!)
-Chris KL9A
kl9a@qsl.net
http://www.qsl.net/kl9a