[3830] Fwd: VA3RAC National Capital Field Day

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] Fwd: VA3RAC National Capital Field Day
From: dhenderson@arrl.org (Henderson, Dan N1ND)
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 09:07:14 -0400
Glenn, VE3GLN, has asked me to forward this to your reflectors.  Good luck
with FD2000.

Dan Henderson, N1ND
ARRL Contest Branch Manager

This is a heads up for all of the individuals and clubs that will be
operating Field Day this coming weekend . VA3RAC the Radio Amateurs of
Canada call sign will be on the air from 1800 UTC Saturday to 1800 UTC
Sunday.We will be operating from the Museum of Science and Technology and
will have CW, SSB and  digital signals  on all bands from 160M to 70 CM.
Please try to make as many contacts as possible as we will be sending out
certificates to all stations that work VA3RAC on 5 of more bands on any
single mode . For those people in upper New York State and Vermont make sure
to give those beams a work out by looking North. The grid square is FN25 Our
2M meter 13 element beam will be at a "altitude" of 220 feet on the top of a
110 Ton boom Crane courtesy of Dulepka Equipment Rentals and Frank Sved
VE3GID. A picture of this set up will be on our web page at WWW.FD2000.org
shortly after the official opening of the site at 1800 UTC Saturday. We will
be using Writelog logging software for all of our stations courtesy of Ron
Stailey K5DJ  and WayneWright W5XD We will be handling informal and formal
traffic so if you have friends in the area please feel free to send a
message through VA3RAC. Good luck and a successful Field Day to all that
participate.

Glenn McLeod VE3GLN
Co Chair FD2000 Organizing Committee
Email: VE3GLN@RAC.CA
Phone: 613-746-3776 after 1800 and before 2100 Eastern Standard Time

73
Glenn VE3GLN ( ex VO1DV, VE3MPR )
613-746-3776
VE3GLN@RAC.CA