[3830] IARU HF KL9A SO Mixed

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] IARU HF KL9A SO Mixed
From: kl9a@qsl.net (kl9a@qsl.net)
Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2000 18:24:52 -0400 (EDT)
                     IARU HF Championship

Call: KL9A
Operator(s): KL9A
Station: KL9A

Class: SO Mixed  Power: HP
QTH: AK
Operating Time (hrs): 2:38

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:      39       32       23
   15:      35       17       10
   10:
-----------------------------------
Total:      74       49       33  =  16,665

Club: WWYC

Comments:

Just a part time effort between working.  Zone 1 must not have been too rare
this year as I would CQ for long periods of time with very few answers.  Maybe
everyone was on another band or something.  I was trying to work 80 of the WRTC
competitors, but that just didn't happen.  15 was decent at the start, but I
had to leave about an hour later.  My last hour and a bit was on 20m mostly,
and very few WRTCers were on.  I used the cluster to try and get as many as
possible.  It definitely helped, but I fell very short of my goal.  Signals
were just not up to snuff when I was on.  Many of the competitors asked me how
loud they were compared to the others, and S5/K1DG was by far the loudest.  He
was s9 peaking 10 over at one point.  The others were all hanging at s7 or so.
A few turned their antennas to see what the difference was, and still S5/K1DG
was the only one at s9 or more.
Anyway, hope everyone had fun and got Zone 1... I did my best for limited time,
no 40m, and trying to work WRTCers  :)
-Chris KL9A
kl9a@qsl.net
http://www.qsl.net/kl9a