[3830] IARU HF WQ5W SO CW

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] IARU HF WQ5W SO CW
From: WQ5W@arrl.net (WQ5W@arrl.net)
Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2000 19:30:08 -0400 (EDT)
                     IARU HF Championship

Call: WQ5W
Operator(s): WQ5W
Station: WQ5W

Class: SO CW  Power: LP
QTH: Azle,Texas
Operating Time (hrs): 24

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:     421                61
   15:     188                47
   10:      35                16
-----------------------------------
Total:     644        0      124  =  304,792

Club: North Texas Contest Club

Comments:

I just moved to this new QTH, but I used the same MFJ-1796 Loop Antenna (36"
diameter).  This time the loop was mounted out in the backyard vertically on a
5 foot mast and tripod.  The loop definitely works better outdoors than indoors
since my best IARU score with this antenna indoors was less than 50K.

Conditions seemed good, I even had a JA run on Sunday morning.  First time I've
been able to "run" anything using this antenna.

This will be my last contest with this antenna-my new tower should arrive in a
few weeks.

73,
Alan, WQ5W