[3830] NAQP CW AE6Y SO

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW AE6Y SO
From: andrew.faber@gte.net (andrew.faber@gte.net)
Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2000 13:24:03 -0400 (EDT)
                     North America QSO Party - CW

Call: AE6Y
Operator(s): AE6Y
Station: AE6Y

Class: SO
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 10
Radios: SO2R

  160:      4      3
   80:     78     32
   40:    164     43
   20:    243     47
   15:    108     38
   10:      7      6
----------------------
Total:    604    169  =  102,076

Club/Team: NCCC #1

Comments:

This was my first NAQP.  Prodded by N6RO's club boosterism, I modified my
CQPWIN (ver. 8.0) software to work for NA, and decided to give it a try.  As
Ken had promised, this is a great contest to practice two radios.  I must say,
operating low power has real attractions: it simplifies band changing, reduces
so2r interference and allowed me to work qsk on both radios (which definitely
improved efficiency).  Lots of noise on 40 and 80 -- strangely, 40m was quieter
on the 2d radio vertical than on the 2 el beam. I'm so used to having higher
noise levels on the vertical that it was a shock to be able actually to use it
on 40! Thanks to the 4 stns who managed to hear my 160 signal out of my 80m
dipole!  With 10m, this would have been a real blast.
  73 and see you in two weeks, Andy, AE6Y
 Rig: TS950SDX, 3 el Force 12's 20-10, 2 el. 40, 1 el. 80
      TS570D, R7000 vertical