[3830] EUHFC 9A7P SO-CW-LP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] EUHFC 9A7P SO-CW-LP
From: hrle@rkp.ice.hr (Hrvoje Horvat)
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2000 11:26:55 +0200
      EUROPEAN HFC SUMMARY SHEET

     Contest Date : 05-Aug-00

    Callsign Used : 9A7P
         Operator : 9A6XX ex.9A6NHH

         Category : Single Operator CW Low Power

 Default Exchange : 5nn n5

             Name : Hrvoje Horvat
          Address : 25.rujan 4/3
   City/State/Zip : Pazin/HR/52000
          Country : Croatia

        Team/Club : WWYC

   BAND   Raw QSOs   Valid QSOs   Points   Zones

   80CW      125         125        125        43
   40CW      133         133        133        46
   20CW      226         226        226        51
   15CW      172         172        172        48
   10CW      109         109        109        44

 Totals      765         765        765       232

    Final Score = 177,480 points.

EUHFC is sure one of the better contests you can find today in EU.
Lot's of mults (I was rare one?! 95?! coz many asked me to change band),
and lot of qso's (avg.rate 63.75 q/h).
Thing I didnt like in this one is that I easly got on 100q's on any band
but everything after 100q's was really hard. Maybe more activity would be
better?!(many stations worked 5B) Lost many mults on 160:( so I was almost
beaten by S56A who had 700q's and up to almost 250 mults.
Weather again played big part in this contest. I had to go off the air when
my rate was showing 130 in 10mins rate window (S56A was last qso before
taking off). Luckly everything of storm happend in about 20 mins so
I could go on the air very soon after (lost about 30q's only). After
that there was QRN S7 noise on low bands and that means lower rates and
myself getting nerved out and being deaf (sounds like real fun).
My plans of makin' 800 q's were ruined but I've beaten all that
I wanted: S56A & HG3G. Too bad S51TA wasnt in my category also
so I could beat him to. Anyone else wants to play against me? :)
I've used TR soft first time in a serious operation and had
lot of problems (as I'm not getting used to it), so sorry if some
of you noticed 9A7P gone crazy this weekend. Will make it better
for next time!
Highlights:
- great run on 40m (dipole worked well on very crowded band)
- good score?!
- worked: YZ7EM, G0MTN, HG3G on few bands

Day after EUHFC I was QRV in AlpeAdria VHF Contest:
9A1P almost 300 q's and 100,000 pts (but really almost!).
Ops: 9A2RD, 9A5AEI, 9A6XX

Two full time contests in one weekend?! Not bad even for a school boy.

Do me a favore:
Please visit my website http://rkp.ice.hr/hrle and check out my IOTA log,
S5M log (WRTC 2K), and my story + pix of visiting WRTC in S5.
Do not forget to sign in the guestbook!!! Thanks dudes!

73, CU WAE CW de Hrle (17yrs) 9A6XX - KC0IMB eeeeex.9A6NHH