[3830] NAQP SSB AE6Y SO

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB AE6Y SO
From: andrew.faber@gte.net (andrew.faber@gte.net)
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2000 14:07:32 -0400 (EDT)
                     North America QSO Party - SSB

Call: AE6Y
Operator(s): AE6Y
Station: AE6Y

Class: SO
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 10
Radios: SO2R

  160:      2      1
   80:     34      8
   40:    101     35
   20:    182     48
   15:    134     41
   10:    251     32
----------------------
Total:    709    165  =  116,985

Club/Team: NCCC #1

Comments:

First NAQP SSB.  Unlike on CW, it was fun working various special event
stations, including various lighthouses.  I assume that as long as I get a
state and name, and they receive my state and name, it's ok to log them.
Conditions made it more fun than CW, at least during the day while 10 was open.
 10 was very long from California, and I kept working the East Coast, virtually
no 0's or 7's.  Conditions seemed strangely focussed on that band: lots of IL
and IN, but no WI; the one time I tried to move a WI to 10, couldn't make it
go. After a while, the multiplier count just stagnated, so I had to force
myself to leave a 100/hr average (really fun!) to go to 15 and 20 to get mults.
Got my comeuppance on 40, where I could work everyone I heard, but no one
answered cq's, while 80 was just miserable here.
  Rig: TS950SDX, Force 12 3 els on 20-10, 2 on 40, 1 on 80
       TS570D, R7000. Logging: CQPWIN 8.0
  73, Andy, AE6Y