[3830] IOTA OH9A, Multi-op, Island DXpedition

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] IOTA OH9A, Multi-op, Island DXpedition
From: Timo Pohjola" <timo.pohjola@saunalahti.fi (Timo Pohjola)
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 16:25:24 +0100
                       ISLANDS ON THE AIR -- 2000

      Call:      OH9A
      Category:  Multi op, Island DXpedition, high power
      QTH:       Sandstrom Reef [Sandstrominkari]
      IOTA:      EU-173

      BAND      QSO   QSO-PTS   PTS/Q    IOTA

CW 80 105 819 7,80 33
SSB 80 154 1110 7,21 39
CW 40 413 2187 5,30 46
SSB 40 214 1554 7,26 46
CW 20 543 3153 5,81 52
SSB 20 1436 8184 5,70 88
CW 15 210 1590 7,57 41
SSB 15 259 2145 8,28 64
CW 10 9 123 13,67 9
SSB 10 15 213 14,20 15

 Totals 3358 21078 6,28 433

 Score: 9,126,774

Operator List:
Timo Pohjola, OH1MDR
Timo Klimoff, OH1NOA
Pasi Alanko, OH1MM

Equipment Description:
FT-1000MP + MLA 2500, 1000 watts
FT-1000MP + AL 82   , 1000 watts

Butternut HF6V, Cushcraft AP8 verticals
Dipoles 20-40-80m

2x486 desktop, CT 9.50 + K1TTT NETTSR

Unbelievable number of QSOs! Before the contest we calculated that 3000 qsos is
possible in this contest. We couldn't imagine these kind of numbers. A new
IOTA-ref. number
gave an extra boost for the pile-ups.

The only problem was the CT program which is not yet totally ready for IOTA
contest. There were
too many bugs and crashes.

Propagation was not specially good and it makes multiplier working very
difficult. 10 meters
was almost dead and on other bands our signal was too weak for breaking the
huge pileups.
Anyway, we had a lot of fun and will be back on the air again next year!

 See the WEB page http://www.saunalahti.fi/oh1mdr/iota.html