[3830] NA Sprint SSB N2NL HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint SSB N2NL HP
From: n2nl@earthlink.net (n2nl@earthlink.net)
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2000 09:16:05 -0400 (EDT)
                     NA Sprint - SSB

Call: N2NL
Operator: N2NL
Station: K1PT

Power: HP
QTH: FL

   80:     54   0:49
   40:    116   1:42
   20:    112   1:29
----------------------
Total:    282 Qs   50 Mults =  14,100

Club/Team: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

Boy that SUCKED

   I was happy with how I was doing until I went to 75.  I was on my way to
breaking 300 when I ran into a brick wall.  The static crashes from Hurricane
Gordon were 20-30Db over s9, and that was with 20Db of attenuation.  There
seemed to be a million midwest guys on 75, but they were all working each other
and I got beat just about every time.  The contest ended and left me with a
major migrane which I still had when I woke up this morning :)  I heard but
missed DE and MD.  Nice DX mults from XE and YS.  Got run off by a WP4 saying I
was interfering with a net on 14300 while I was on 14296.  Couldn't get him to
give me his name, but he called me a few :)

   It WAS great to finally be able to meet Steve N2IC who stopped by before and
was my referee (WRTC) for the first few minutes of the contest.  My 5-year old
son was doing his best before the contest to push him off the dock into the
water but wasn't successful.

   Thanks a million to Paul, K1PT, for allowing me to operate both Sprints and
both NAQP's from his QTH.  Also thanks a million to babysitting my 5 year old
during the tests.  Finally thanks a million for the great dinner last night.

   Congrats to K4XS for the huge score from noisy Florida...and everyone please
keep your fingers crossed for the west coast (of FL) FCG members who will
experience Hurricane Gordon later today.

Back to CW
73, Dave N2NL