[3830] Texas QSO Party N5XU

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] Texas QSO Party N5XU
From: kharker@cs.utexas.edu (Kenneth E. Harker)
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2000 13:20:47 -0500
     TEXAS QSO PARTY SUMMARY SHEET

     Contest Date : 01-Oct-00
    Callsign Used : N5XU
         Operator : WM5R
         Category : Single Operator High Power All Band
 Default Exchange : 59 Travis
             Name : University of Texas Amateur Radio Club
          Section : South Texas (STX)
          Country : United States
        Team/Club : Central Texas DX and Contest Club (CTDXCC)

   BAND   Raw QSOs   Valid QSOs   Points   Mults   Countries

   40SSB      47          47         94       5         1
   20SSB     148         148        296      18         1
   15SSB      70          70        140      26         2
   10SSB       2           2          4       0         1

 Totals      267         267        534      49         5

    Claimed Score = 28836 points.

Station:
--------

Kenwood TS-850SAT
Heathkit SB-220
Force 12 C-4 @ 100'
40M wire dipole fixed N-S @ 90'
TR LOG 6.52

Soapbox Comments
________________

I operated a little over three hours in my first-ever Texas QSO Party,
using the club station at the University of Texas in downtown Austin.
Ten meters and fifteen meters weren't as productive as twenty.  I only
heard three other Texas stations in the contest, and could only work two
of them.  I probably would have worked more had I been able to stay longer
into the night.  This was more fun than I expected - I should have planned
more time for it.

2000 Texas QSO Party - N5XU - Multiplier Distribution (4 or more QSOs)

   1.           Oh   24
   2.           Ca   21
   3.           Il   20
   4.           Pa   19
   5.           Nc   14
   6.         Mich   14
   7.           Va   11
   8.         Wisc    9
   9.           Ny    9
  10.           Nj    8
  11.       Washin    8
  12.           Ut    7
  13.           Mn    7
  14.          vE3    5
  15.           Ky    5
  16.           Ia    5
  17.           Fl    5
  18.           Nh    4
  19.           Or    4
  20.           Mt    4
  21.           Md    4
  22.           Nm    4
  23.           Tn    4

2000 Texas QSO Party - N5XU - Rate

  HOUR   40SSB   20SSB   15SSB   10SSB   TOTAL   ACCUM
  ----  ------  ------  ------  ------   -----   -----
    0       0       0       9       0       9       9
    1       0       0      61       0      61      70
    2       0      96       0       2      98     168
    3      46      52       0       0      98     266
    4       1       0       0       0       1     267

  TOTAL    47     148      70       2

Kenneth E. Harker      "Vox Clamantis in Deserto"      kharker@cs.utexas.edu
University of Texas at Austin                   Amateur Radio Callsign: WM5R
Department of the Computer Sciences         President, UT Amateur Radio Club
Taylor Hall TAY 2.124                         Maintainer of Linux on Laptops