[3830] CQP SO K6LA HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQP SO K6LA HP
From: kwidelitz@gtemail.net (kwidelitz@gtemail.net)
Date: Sun, 8 Oct 2000 23:13:29 -0400 (EDT)
                     California QSO Party

Call: K6LA
Operator(s):
Station:

Class: SO  Power: HP
QTH: LAX
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Radios: SO2R

  160:      13       11
   80:      76       78
   40:     147      104
   20:     125      433
   15:     184      426
   10:     133      786
    6:
    2:
-----------------------------------
Total:     678     1838       58  =  331,180

Club: SCCC

Comments:

Personal best. All time most QSOs, all-time high score. Though I didn't count
must be the all-time most #1's received as I was begging from the get go. Still
looks like #3 behind K6LL @ K6NA (even though he lost his 40 meter antenna) and
N6MJ @ W6KP (even though he had to go 24 hours straight.)

For some reason, all-time fewest CW QSOs. All-time most DX QSOs (359.)
Conditions seemed so long on 10 meters that all I was working was DX for a
while Sunday morning. The DX was louder than the W4's and W8's. Conditions were
strange much of the weekend from here. The bands were very noisy or full of
signals one minute and quiet or empty the next. One seemingly average east
coast station would almost knock the earbuds out of my ears and the next guy
would be so piss weak it took 5 tries to get him, if at all.

Sweep at 2355. Last mult KL7.

I forgot to replace a test version of NA that had some bad mixed mode two radio
bugs with an older less messed up version, and I really got screwed up with the
two radio stuff sometimes. If I was calling CQ on CW and answered a CQ on phone
with my call from the DVP but didn't make the QSO, the phone CQ kicked in and
kept trying to send on the CW radio and wouldn't stop until I went to the phone
radio and hit escape which took quite a few keystrokes and waiting for the
phone CQ to stop cycling. I didn't realize I was using the test version until 1
AM when I took my break.

359 DX QSOs, an all-time high