[3830] CQP SO VY1JA HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQP SO VY1JA HP
From: j.allen@yec.yk.ca (j.allen@yec.yk.ca)
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 15:47:43 -0400 (EDT)
                     California QSO Party

Call: VY1JA
Operator(s): VY1JA
Station: VY1JA

Class: SO  Power: HP
QTH: YT
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:
   80:       6        7
   40:      43        9
   20:      20       55
   15:      44       77
   10:      23      101
    6:
    2:
-----------------------------------
Total:     136      249       58  =  52,432

Club: Don't I wish!

Comments:

I barely made it... I was only able to get one antenna up before cold weather.
It is a V-Beam with 400 ft legs about 70 feet in the air and will be my only
antenna for the contest season.  Propagation was great, and it played like a
champion, but above 40 meters, seems to spray rf all over the place.

CQP was a good test for it.  My sweep was in VERY early in the contest, thanks
to those that referred needed mults my way.  It worked the other way too...
N6ZB steered me to K6IF at about 27 min to closing gong.  I figure that IF owes
ZB a Coke (or coke substitute!)  I really enjoyed how during the competition,
folks were still working together to make it fun for everyone.  Keep it up.

Success is making sure YT is available to anyone that needs it... Thanks to all
who made this a success for me.

J.