[3830] N4UK SOSB Unassisted 75M SSB

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] N4UK SOSB Unassisted 75M SSB
From: n4uk@mindspring.com (Ken Ramirez)
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2000 20:58:27 -0000
                 Glad that's over. Conditions were pathetic from here in
Northwest South Carolina. Couldn't get a decent run going no matter what I
tried. Didn't even hear a JA which obviously means the loss of the double
mult for something that is usually easily in the bag. Not a single Asian
station was worked.  No GM,GI,LA,C6 and lots of other "easy mults" were
worked.  The usual goal of my sosb efforts is to compare how I do in the
pileups and with the score versus the multi-ops in the area. I was in and
out of the pileups with ease and held up quite well when I was in the
company of the "big" guns. I had no problems working what I could hear with
the exception being M6T who I worked after many returns to his frequency.
They were having a very difficult time hearing.  Unfortunately my NE
beverage was plagued with a nasty line noise buzz that made it useless. The
only saving grace was the good conditions to South America. The LUs and PYs
were loud as were VK3DZM and VK6LK. Other than that, yawn................

           QSOs      Zones       Countries
Score-    376         25                81            Score=91,054

Station- FT1000MP, AL-1200 amp, Tritical (tm) vertical array.

73 Ken N4UK