[3830] CQWW SSB K5MR M/S HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB K5MR M/S HP
From: steve.taylor@fnc.fujitsu.com (steve.taylor@fnc.fujitsu.com)
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 19:14:47 -0500 (EST)
                     CQ Worldwide DX Contest - SSB

Call: K5MR
Operator(s): K5GA, K5KA, K5MR, K5NZ, K6NR, N5RZ, N5TJ
Station: K5MR

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Texas
Operating Time (hrs): 46

  160:     20     12     18
   80:     88     22     64
   40:    241     32    101
   20:    663     38    154
   15:   1265     39    158
   10:   1900     39    165
-------------------------------
Total:   4177    182    660  =  9,753,728

Club/Team: North Texas Contest Club

Comments:

Great operating team, great conditions (at least from Texas they were), and
thunderstorms that kept us on our toes looking out the window for close-in
lightning strikes while still trying to operate! Only lost about 2 hours
operating time due to the storms. We had our share of problems like everyone
else, but nothing major.  We finally got our wish - good 21/28 mHz propagation
coupled with a nice opening to Europe at night on 14 mHz.  We've been waiting
years for this to happen during the CQ WW contest!

Thanks to all for the QSOs, and thanks to the sponsors for continuing to
administer and promote this global event.  We had a fantastic time as usual.
See you again next year!

K5MR M/S Crew