[3830] CQWW SSB K3OO M/S HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB K3OO M/S HP
From: rsaeger@fast.net (rsaeger@fast.net)
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 18:54:45 -0500 (EST)
                     CQ Worldwide DX Contest - SSB

Call: K3OO
Operator(s): KB3CLQ & K3OO
Station:

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Pa.
Operating Time (hrs): 20.5

  160:     18      8     11
   80:    106     10     47
   40:     52     17     36
   20:    186     30     99
   15:    221     34     97
   10:    467     34    122
-------------------------------
Total:   1050    133    412  =  1,572,870

Club/Team: FRC

Comments:

Did a M/S with my 10 year old daughter Sara KB3CLQ. We were unable to operate
Saturday, so did most of our time on Sunday. We divided operating time up
equally. It was fun to watch. Sara had the last 10 on CT to 188/hr during a run
on 10m Sunday morning.Her personal best This was the first contest I've
operated with packet connected to the computer. During a qso with an XE I
pushed the wrong key and qsyed the Xmitter.When I got back to the correct freq
I apoligized to the XE and explained what happened. Some one on frequency said
"put your daughter back on she probably won't screw it up"They were right. She
picked up the contest software like a pro.
73, Rick K3OO
This was the first contest I didn't mind hearing "the yl only" hi.